Close collaboration between families and teachers is fundamental to the school’s mission. Communication and participation are actively encouraged. Families have a variety of opportunities for becoming involved at Mission Hill School:
- Read the weekly Mission Hill School News
- Join the Family Council
- Attend the weekly Friday Share
- Participate in student/family/teacher conferences
- Share food at curriculum night potluck dinners
- Offer expertise to the school community
- Volunteer as a chaperone for school trips
- Help out in the library
A major means of communication from school to home is the Mission Hill School News, which is sent home with students every Friday. Each edition includes a letter from the principal and news from every teacher, giving families a glimpse into other classrooms and age levels. Important dates and other school news items are also included.
An important resource at MHS is our Family Advocate, a position provided by City Connects, a school-based intervention program at Boston College. Courtney Bruno works directly with students, families, and local agencies to provide a variety of support services. Courtney may be reached by telephone 617-697-9425 or email email@example.com.