The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School serving approximately 250 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles. In 2012, the school community relocated to the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
Important Dates & Announcements
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017: Picture Day!
- Wednesday, May 18, 2017, 5:00-6:30pm: Spring Music Concert @ MHS
- May 15-16: Grades 3/4 Math MCAS
May 17-19: Grades 7/8 Math MCAS
May 22-24: Grades 5/6 Math MCAS
- Monday, May 22, 2017: Grades 1/2 to Farm School
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017: Kindergarten to Farm School
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017: Half Day, Early Release
Wednesday, June 28, 2017: Half Day, Early Release-LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Check it out!
- Mission Hill School receives award from Educate the Whole Child! Read the press release here!
- Read Kathy D’Andrea’s contribution to the article Teaching Kindergarten in an Age of Anxiety from ECE Policy Matters
- Download the 2016-7 BPS School Calendar
- Good Morning Mission Hill: The Freedom to Teach, The Freedom to Learn, a documentary about MHS is here!
Copies are available in the MHS main office for $20 or Online
Find out where to watch!