The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School serving approximately 250 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles. In 2012, the school community relocated to the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
- February 1-3: Mix it Up Week!
- February 7-8: Family Conferences (check with your child’s teacher!)
- February 16, 2017: Family Council Meeting at MHS 5:45-7:45pm
- February 20-24: February Break: NO SCHOOL
School Preview Dates
- School Preview Dates are finished for this year (application for 2017-18 school year). If your child receives a seat at MHS, you will be invited by the school for a welcome session. Unfortunately, we are not able to do individual tours for families. Thank you for your understanding!
- Learn how to register your child for Boston Public Schools!
Check it out!
- Read Kathy D’Andrea’s contribution to the article Teaching Kindergarten in an Age of Anxiety from ECE Policy Matters
- Download the 2016-7 BPS School Calendar
- Good Morning Mission Hill: The Freedom to Teach, The Freedom to Learn, a documentary about MHS is here!
Copies are available in the MHS main office for $20 or Online
Find out where to watch!