The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School serving approximately 250 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles. In 2012, the school community relocated to the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
- Thursday, January 12, 2017, 5:45-7:00pm: Family Council Meeting at MHS
- Monday, January 16, 2017: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, January 19, 2017: Urban Improv Family Workshop at MHS
School Preview Dates
Saturday, December 3, 2016, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Citywide School Preview Day)
Thursday, December 8, 2016, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 10:00 – 11:30 am
Thursday, January 19, 2017, 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Learn how to register your child for Boston Public Schools!
Check it out!
- Read Kathy D’Andrea’s contribution to the article Teaching Kindergarten in an Age of Anxiety from ECE Policy Matters
- Download the 2016-7 BPS School Calendar
- Good Morning Mission Hill: The Freedom to Teach, The Freedom to Learn, a documentary about MHS is here!
Copies are available in the MHS main office for $20 or Online
Find out where to watch!