The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School serving approximately 250 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles. In 2012, the school community relocated to the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
Important Dates & Announcements
- Friday, November 11: NO SCHOOL – Veterans’ Day (observed)
- Wednesday, November 22: Half Day, Early Release
- November 11 – November 12: NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Recess
- Tuesday, November 28 (10:00am – 11:30am): School Preview
- Friday, December 8: Dress Like a Book Character Day
- Monday, December 11 – Friday, December 15: Book Fair!
- Thursday, December 14: Governing Board Meeting
- Friday, December 15: Pajama Day / Reading Morning
- Wednesday, December 20 (7:30am – 8:30am): School Preview
- Friday, December 22 – Tuesday, January 2: NO SCHOOL – Winter Recess
- Wednesday, January 3: Students return from Winter Recess
Check it out!
- Mission Hill School receives award from Educate the Whole Child! Read the press release here!
- Read Kathy D’Andrea’s contribution to the article Teaching Kindergarten in an Age of Anxiety from ECE Policy Matters
- Good Morning Mission Hill: The Freedom to Teach, The Freedom to Learn, a documentary about MHS is here!
Copies are available in the MHS main office for $20 or Online
Find out where to watch!