The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School serving approximately 250 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles. In 2012, the school community relocated to the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
- The Family Potluck Breakfast to celebrate our study of Ancient Egypt & Ancient Nubia has been changed to Thursday, April 2, from 9:15-10:15 am.
- Due to snow days and the extension of the school to the end of June, second trimester report cards will be sent home on April 2, 2015.
- Good Morning Mission Hill: The Freedom to Teach, The Freedom to Learn,
a documentary about MHS is here!
Copies are available in the MHS main office for $20 or Online
Find out where to watch!
- Read the new Boston Teachers Union’s recently passed Resolution on High Standards and Fair Testing
- Download the 2014-5 BPS School Calendar
- Descargue el Calendario Escolar Pública de Boston 2014-15 en español