The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School serving approximately 250 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles. In 2012, the school community relocated to the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston.
- June 1-9: Grade 8 Portfolios
June 10-18: Grade 7 Portfolios
- Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm: Governance Board Meeting
Download the Governance Board flyer here!
- Friday, June 12, 2015: Recollections and Exhibitions
Recollections for Grade 6 begins at 8:00 am in the Auditorium
Download the Exhibitions flyer here!
- Wednesday, June 17, 2015: Bunker Hill Day-School is in Session!
- Thursday, June 18, 2015, 5:45-7:00 pm: Eighth Grade Art Show
- Friday, June 19, 2015, 1:45-3:00 pm: Coffee House in the Auditorium
Download the Coffee House flyer here!
- Good Morning Mission Hill: The Freedom to Teach, The Freedom to Learn, a documentary about MHS is here!
Copies are available in the MHS main office for $20 or Online
Find out where to watch!
- Read the new Boston Teachers Union’s recently passed Resolution on High Standards and Fair Testing
- Download the 2014-5 BPS School Calendar
- Descargue el Calendario Escolar Pública de Boston 2014-15 en español