The Mission Hill School is a Boston Public Pilot School in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts serving approximately 235 children, ages 3-14 (grades K0-8). The small learning community emphasizes a project-based, collaborative curriculum, inclusive of all learning abilities. MHS was founded in 1997 by educator and author Deborah Meier and is modeled on democratic principles.
- No School: Good Friday, Friday, April 18, 2014
- No School: Spring Break, April 21-25, 2014
- New England Eye On-Sight’s mobile van comes on Tuesday, April 15th. They may provide follow-up care from your child’s initial vision screening at school which includes a comprehensive eye exam and prescriptions for TWO pairs of FREE eyeglasses. Read more in Courtney’s Corner!
- Please visit our NEW Summer Programs page!
- Download the Updated 2013-14 BPS School Calendar
- For more information on registering your child for school, check out the new Discover BPS Website!
- Parking Announcement
Families and Visitors, please do not park in our staff parking lot. As staff, we often have large loads to carry and need to be able to park close to the entrance. Please park on South Street, Child Street, Verona Street, Carolina Avenue, or any of the many other neighboring streets when you come to visit. Thank you!
- The updated 2013-14 BPS Calendar may be downloaded here.
- Check out the Final Report and Wrap up of A Year at Mission Hill series. on our site, or visit the official Year at Mission Hill website. Join the school in national conversations about education on Facebook and Twitter!